UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (36) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: CCinOC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 127684  
Subject: Re: Debt-to-income ratio if self-employed Date: 2/12/2013 1:49 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I think it has a high likelyhood of helping keep the balance low- and from what I can see it won't hurt anything. (other than costing extra time to check the balance and make the payment, and having on average a little less $ in checking account). Depending on when the bank reports to the credit bureau, and when the OP pays, the OP might normally have 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 weeks worth of purchases. (worst case is they report the day before OP pays, and therefore it's all of the previous bill's purchases, plus 2 weeks worth of purchases since then.) If instead the OP checks the balance weekly, and pays weekly, the largest the balance can be is just over 1 week's worth of purchases (1 week plus whatever time it takes to get the payment there). In the past, I know that some banks will tell you when they report - so you could pay just a few days before they send their data to the bureaus.

This is like running through raindrops hoping you won't get wet. Why doesn't the OP just stop using credit for two cycles? Easy peasy.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (36) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Useful Resources
Our Home Center has all you need to make buying and owning a home a great experience. Get or refinance a mortgage and much more!
Buying/Selling a Home FAQ

Mortgage Professor
Offsite resource for mortgage questions.
Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Mobileye's Growth too Hot?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement