Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
I think it would be before year's end or else it would show on a 1099-INT Box 2 as an early withdrawal.

We're talking about an IRA transaction, not an early cash out of a time deposit. It's a 1099-R, which will be issued regardless of the timing of the rollover. You report it as a tax-free transaction on line 15 of your 1040 for the year of the distribution, regardless of when the rollover is completed.

See the 1040 instructions.

Rule Your Retirement Home Fool
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.