No. of Recommendations: 0
I think (pretty sure) he realizes the tension that he induces. I don't think that he realizes the negative effect that it has on our doing a good job for our clients and their trust.

Retrograde:

Who is going to tell him this?

He has already acknowledged that other people have apprised him of his rude behavior. Co-workers have advised him, Chris, you're getting on Bob's 'last nerve'.

Has he been rude to any specific clients? Or is it mainly limited to co-workers? If any clients have noticed then that may be the main way to point out the problem behavior.

Last week we closed a $5800 Commercial Package Policy on a restaurant/sports bar across the street from our office. The package included General Liability, Liquork Liability and Property coverages on the the leased building and contents (a requirement of the lease) and Loss of Income and Extra Expense coverage. It did not include Work Comp, as I need the names, DOBs, job duties, corporate title and percent of stock ownership to exclude corporate officers, if none of them own a majority interest in the corporation and to keep from having to file a form ERM14 in sister corps for experience rating purposes. He asked me to write the information needed, as nobody can read his hand writing, and he really isn't aware of the information that is needed to quote the coverage. He gave the list of information needed to the managing family member, and went back an hour later to retrieve the information needed, while the guy was busy cooking for lunch - Basically, the client told him to give him a break and get off his back, while he's working to make the money he needs to pay the premiums I find and must charge - I supplied the information needed to persuade the lessor and contract of sale, seller to accept an ACV-based policy over a Replacement Cost based policy, as the building was built on the edges of property lines, and cannot be rebuilt - That reduced the premiums the client was paying, under the terms of the lease agreement that he signed, by about $2,000/year - Basically, he was paying for more coverage than any insurer would every pay, and no one would ever realize an advantage, except in a partial loss, such as roof storm damage, by way of example.

The State's DOI levied a $10,000 fine against him several years ago and included a charge of incompetency in the charges filed, though the reason for the charges weren't. directly, his fault, nor mine... I've had only 1 Professional Liability claim filed against me in the 44+ years I've worked in the industry, and that was dismissed, with prejudice, in court.

Brooklyn1948:

Quite frankly he might not even care about the negative effect he might be having on anyone, co-workers or clients.
Some people just don't care. They like having power. Some people are just not nice. In the business world I have met more than my share.
If you are intent on working then YOU will be the person who has to be the one who does the accommodating especially if this person is in a position of power.

I realize that.

Thank you all for your responses - You have all help clarify matters for me, and directions I need to seriously consider, if opportunities present themselves.

Than you, very much!!

Sincerely,
Bob
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement