UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (132) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: Beridian Big red star, 1000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 740220  
Subject: Re: Here's why Libs don't get it Date: 1/12/2013 1:40 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I think the order of discussion should be:

1. Proliferation and indiscriminate prescribing of psychotropic drugs for every conceivable problem
2. Lack of mental health services
3. Lack of school campaigns to deal with adolescent bullying (all while the media is the biggest bully of all)
4. Refusal to aggressively deal with gangs
5. Examination of promotion of violence by the media

When and only when these issues have been addressed should we consider the possibility of violating the Second Amendment.

I am fully in favor of working on all of these issues as well, however not to the exclusion of gun proliferation and guns falling into the wrong hands.

If your wife was diagnosed with cancer and your kid broke their arm, would you postpone getting your kid's arm treated until your wife's cancer was addressed? You seem to be saying we can only work on one issue at a time.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (132) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement