Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
I think the reason that this assertion is not accompanied by how to tell whether or not someone is healthy is that it is about not judging others, rather than how to evaluate one's own health.

Fair enough, as far as it goes. We shouldn't judge others by appearance.

On the other hand, people will read stuff like this, look at the scale, and tell themselves the weight doesn't matter because they're healthy. All without knowing how health or unhealthy they really are.

As a plea to avoid judging others, I understand and applaud the sentiment. But it also carries an invitation to be in denial, by not having any guidelines for the individual looking at himself/herself. That's the part I find unhelpful. Reality is, many of us will read an awful lot of stuff on the internet before going and having a doctor do a specific evaluation on us as individuals. Some of us won't ever get to that professional medical evaluation.

Patzer
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement