Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
I think the silence here is just a continuation of the decline in numbers on this board that we long-timers have noticed for a few years now. I'm as happy with Apple's products as the next Apple user, but we've had no new, revolutionary product lines out of Apple in years, since the Steve Job days or so. What was the last one, the new thinner MacBook? Or the Apple Watch? I guess the MacBook doesn't count as a new category.

How about the Apple television? Or the iCar?

And, as I said in another thread, I don't think buying something like Disney is seriously in the cards.

All that said, I think AAPL's rise to near 180 is good. I wish it had happened a couple of months ago before a few of my options expired, but I sold those to reclaim some money and reinvest in other options anyway.

But I don't think the move, in general, is unique to AAPL. The market as a whole has been moving up, so that's as much a catalyst for AAPL's move as anything else, I think, and therefore, there's little to say about AAPL beyond a little cheerleading.

I think Apple's announced repatriation of $ billions should be worth a thread, though.

-awlabrador
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement