No. of Recommendations: 1
I think you will be able to do exactly what you described in an IRA at Vanguard. I have done that in both a taxable and a ROTH IRA account there for years.

I think you will only have one IRA account that will hold the three funds you invest in. If you call Vanguard they will help you with all of the paperwork so the transfer is a non-taxable event.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.