Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 18
I thought this board would be a place of encouragement from others who are also trying to get healthier. Instead, I have found almost nothing but "experts" who can run 47 miles in 10 minutes while lifting weights and writing the next medical how-to best seller. And other "experts" who already know everything there is to know about everything and everyone and who don't hesitate to make it known that those poor, ignorant, overweight people out here will never amount to anything or be able to improve themselves no matter how hard they try.

D*A*M*N!!!!

I've so delighted to see you here, and delighted with the new life this board has finally begun to enjoy, after such a prolonged time of doldrums because a tiny but loud, insistent, and disdainful segment had throttled discussion and chased people away.

I hope you decide to stay, and simply put the offender(s) on Ignore. That's what I recently did--which is why you never see me responding to her comments.

Please take some time to reconsider. You definitely do have encouragers here. And you have a lot of company here who share your distaste for these inappropriate posts.

=sheila
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement