Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I thought Treasure Quest was…GREAT! It took me a little bit to understand why some online reviewers didn’t like it, but after reading a number of reviews, I believe I have figured out why people didn’t like it; they seem to want Survivor: Center of the Ocean or Indiana Jones and the Shipwreck Merchant Royal. Thank goodness it isn’t. Instead it will be thirteen hours of deep sea goodness! Deep sea technology, treasure fever, maritime law, and very good HD quality (if you have the HD receiver and a boob tube capable of showing the video).

The first show talks about many, many interesting things, many of which I knew about but had not seen in action. For example, I was delighted at seeing images from sonar installed ON THE ROV ITSELF!!! It allows the crew to navigate through fully clouded waters!

The show also showed a generalized block map of the Atlas search area, of which I had only heard descriptions of previously.

The show briefly discussed the four zones of ocean according to international law; Territorial, Contiguous, Economic, and International. You’ll learn about sonar fish, running lines, and get hints at the wrecks Odyssey is targeting.

I strongly recommend the show if you are NOT a fan of the typical reality television show. Real information delivered with real “depth”. Tune in Thursday, January 22, 2009 for the second of the thirteen shows. It airs at 10pm eastern time, and usually re-airs at 2am the next morning and then again at 2pm early Saturday afternoon (this is for Cablevision; Comcast etc. may vary)
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement