No. of Recommendations: 0
I told someone recently that I'd be much happier at work if people would just quit bossing me. I suspect that a lot of people feel like that. Just shut up and let me do my job, and don't put a lot of stupid roadblocks in my way. I've been doing this for 25+ years, I've sat in the manager's seat, I've done a lot of stuff. Just shut up and let me work, and if I'm done early, let me go home and don't enforce stupid "You have to be here until 5, because those are your hours" rules. If I need to stay until 6, I'll stay until 6. If I'm done at 4, let me go home at 4.

You said it. I've been extremely lucky, I've been working from home for a remote client since 2006. It takes a degree of trust on both sides that I found rare before I started with these folks. I'd hate to think how I'd handle it if I had to go back to the standard BS corporate structure, and HR wondering "where I see myself in 5 years".
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement