Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Poursuivant Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 15327  
Subject: Re: How much food do you need on your ride? Date: 7/8/2005 11:21 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I too had a difficult ride on the 4th. I participated in the annual "Fabulous 4th Metric" in a nearby county. The route has about 5,000 ft of climbing and unfortunately took me over four hours to complete because I've not been the most diligent this year in terms of riding, plus it was really, really HUMID.

Anyway, I like to eat a lot on long rides. My newest favorite is a Pay Day bar because of the salt/sweet combo. I'll usually eat one of those during a 2+ hour ride. If I ride for <2 hrs, then I'll usually just have one water bottle with water and the other with sports drink (currently Gatorade b/c it's cheap, but it's not my favorite). During the metric last Monday, I had two bottles of Gatorade, three bottles of water, a banana, several cookies, and half a PB&J. I was very fatigued by the end, but I think that had more to do with out-of-shapeness than lack of calories.

Happy riding!
Renee
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Mylan Transitioning from Generics
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement