Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: arbles Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 23  
Subject: Re: Anyone else in this stock? Date: 11/18/2005 11:36 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I, too, have a few shares of this stock, but 'lucky' me, I purchased before the slide (e.g. >$31).

Have you checked out the Yahoo message board on this stock?

While there are certainly some wackos over there, I find that it is still a good place to troll for info.

One post that I found over there was from a guy that was a former employee at AACC who was supposedly fired after he went public with illegal practices. I didn't put a lot of stock in it. All companies have disgruntled employees that screw up and don't want to take responsibility for their actions.

But a few days later I found another posting with a web site of a guy in Dallas that is a debt adviser. This guy had all kinds of 'testimonials' from people (credit card holders that had not paid their debt) that claimed to have been screwed by AACC.

I truly do not know if there was merit in what they said. Some of them certainly had brought their grief on themselves with the way they had handled notices from AACC. But if even half were true, then I fear for a class action suit being brought against them. The other thing that bothered me in what I found was that many of the same things that these people claimed to have happen to them, the ex-employee claimed that AACC had done while he worked for them.

Like I said, I don't know if AACC is guilty of any of the charges these people were making, but what I have concluded is that this is probably not a good stock for the long term. My plan is to hope that it stays above $20 till January and then unload it so that the loss will show up in 2006 and not 2005. Right now I am thinking I will take the money and shift it to PRAA because I like the idea of having a stock that should perform well in an economic downturn.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Apple

Apple and Ninety Years Ago
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement