Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

I use Scottrade as a broker, which only allows a stop that is $.75 below the bid (is this a common practice?). My question is this -
Is there any way to configure a sell limit order to close this gap?
When trading lower price stocks, 3/4 will annihilate you!

Any help is appreciated,

Get out of Scottrade QUICK J & K! 3/4 will kill you in STT'ing! E*Trade limits it to 1/8 and I thought THAT was too close sometimes. LOL I haven't run into a limit with RJT but that big a range can really hurt. Especially if your stock is up 3/4 from your buyin and you can only put in a trailing stop that would get you out at even.

PS - Did anyone notice my big yellow star (well actually it is little)
Had it for 4 days now! It only took 2 1/2 years to get it. At
rate I will have my BIG yellow star in about . . . Carry the
7 . . . >3.1417 . . . the moon will be in venus in 2371 . . .
Oh Well, suffice it to say it will be a while.

Congrats on the gold star!! As for the math, as I said in an earlier post I failed algebra and what you put up there looks suspiciously like that brand of math so I'll steer clear! LOL
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement