Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I used e file for 1999 but had to file an amended return for 99.

When I e file this year it asks for last years AGI and Total Tax. I assume I use the figures from the amended return. Is this correct



From the IRS web site:

If the electronic software package you purchased or downloaded from the Internet supports the Self-Select PIN option, you will enter your Date of Birth, and the two pieces of information from your original 1999 Tax Return (prior to any corrections or adjustments by IRS). Do not use amounts from an amended return. You should be prompted to enter your Adjusted Gross Income and Total Tax from your 1999 return. Then, sign your return by entering your PIN. It's that simple.


Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.