Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (33) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: bkeegel Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 4337  
Subject: Re: Quixtar Scam or NO? Date: 5/22/2001 3:54 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 11
I want to clear a few things up myself:

1) Amway and Quixtar are owned by the same company, they are housed in the same building (in Ada, Michigan) and are, with little variation, the same thing. The only reason that the name Quixtar exists is because the name Amway has such a negitive connotation that it became a liability instead of an asset

2) I used Amway detergent and found no significant difference between the performance and wear and tear on my clothes. The only thing that using Amway detergent for over a year has done for me is make me use less of the detergents that I do choose to use now. I also spent about the same $$ on each.

3) Comparing Amway/Q-tar to Amazon: they both have added costs for maintaining a web site, they both have added costs for warehousing, they both have added costs for shipping, they both have added costs for order handling; What Am/Qr has that Amazn does not is the cost of greasing the palm of the entire downline for each purchase, so there is no way that they can offer a lower cost product with out it being cheaper for them to purchase the product. (They have no chance vs. Wal-mart)

4) It has been about 8 yrs since I was involved w/ Amway, but when I was the products that I was able to chose from were either discontinued or were off-brand names. Amway did not directly refund any money for purchases that I was dissatisfied with; (although they had promised a refund)I had to go through a lengthy letter writing procedure to get any money back, and lost not only the shipping, but also the cost to return ship the items. (Wal-mart takes their products back no questions asked, and no expenses barred.)

Look, I'm not trying to keep anybody from joining-- as I said before, if you think it is a good deal then sign yourself up! I am merely relating my experience with the company and hoping that it will be weighed against what a Amway/Quixtar/VanAndle&DeVos Devotee will be telling someone before they sign on. As I mentioned before, I gain nothing from keeping people out of this business, where a prospective up-liner has a good deal to gain by getting people into the business. In any case, the fact that this thread is on a board titled "Financial Scams" must mean that even the pro-Am/Qx folks acknowledge that the MLM business plan is "Shakey" at best, and in some cases an outright SCAM!
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (33) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Feste Award Winner Announced!
Congrats to the Winner of the 2013 Feste Award!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement