No. of Recommendations: 2
I was in high school and had been investing for several years using funds earned from mowing lawns and various business ventures I started. ...
Anyone with an IQ above 80 should have been able to see the inevitable as reality hurtled towards my portfolio.

1. You lost money and learned your lesson when thousands of dollars were at stake vs. many who make their mistakes on 100K or more portfolios.

2. Here's an article on how Warren Buffett used lifelong compounding to make an inordinate amount of money after age 50, and (maybe) surprizingly, the bulk after age 65:
http://www.collaborativefund.com/blog/the-freakishly-strong-...
The key was starting early...like you! You screwed up bigger/earlier, but you're still so far ahead of people who waited until they were thinking about retirement to start saving and investing.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement