UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (43) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: 0x6a74 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 59181  
Subject: Re: I'm Confused... Date: 3/2/2011 4:23 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 5
I was looking for a board about ideas on how to retire early. I went to one board - can't recall - FIRE?? It was a bunch of old Republicans grumping about everyone who wasn't old, male and white. With lots of politics.

So I came here - it seems to be PA-lite. With grumpy Republicans.

What exactly is this board about? I mean, when it is on-topic.

Is it ever on-topic?

bizarre isn't it
(though ,imo, "grumpy repubs" is rather charitable)

what seems to have happened...

"retire early" is a rather limited topic ..only so much you can say and not much left for day-to-day
so ..like lots of other boards, the original (other) RE board evolved into a more social board ... just that it somehow attracted the most rabid and delusional reactionaries at TMF (makes the Conservatives look almost liberal)

so ..... someone (i forget who) felt that a newbie looking at that board for RE info, who was to the left of GlenBeck, would see it as a 'hostile environment' and created this board for 'liberals'

but ... several of the original RE wackos (NTTAWWT!!) felt the need to come here .. god only knows why /what they think they're accomplishing

in a rational Universe, they'd be ignored as 'trolls' .. but that's not the Universe we live in.

so ..as you say, the other RE has become a further right Con Fools and this a PA-lite .. 5 days out of seven, utterly worthless.

==
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (43) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

2.1: The Labor Pool Problem
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement