Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (30) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: JRocco34 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 677  
Subject: Re: High-IQ for higher returns Date: 2/8/2000 12:34 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 23
I was planning to continue in the lurk mode and ignore the IQ comments but after the last post I would really like to defend Brett and his seemingly offensive comments. Arbitrary tests and meaningless numbers aside you have to fully agree with Brett that he truly believes that IQ matters. I have also been told that I posess a high IQ and with this God given gift was able to quickly assimilated the data from Brett's profile and discover what may not seem obvious to those with a lower number than mine. (Sarcasm intended, not necessarily an actual belief of the author)

HE'S 20!!! of course he thinks he's smart!!!

I was smart then too, I just kept getting dumber every year and fear it won't ever stop. It doesn't really bother me much anymore 'cause another fairly smart guy once said "The more I learn, the more I realize I don't know." I don't know if Al said that before or after E=mc2 (Sorry no superscript) but I am smart and old enough to both understand and have experienced that inescapable fact of life.

Enjoy your intelligence, skill, intuition, luck or whatever it is now Brett cause it may not always be that way. Life, of which the stock market is a part, is much tougher than anything any one individual can dish out. It's definitely one of life's beauties and the reason why we need to stick together and learn from each other not think we know it all. I like to think IQ is less important than some of those intangible, indescribable, motivations that make a person get up and do whatever it is they do everyday. Also "Things go best for those that make the best of the way things go."

Just my 2 yens worth

Jack

P.S. The other thing that clued me in to his not knowing any better is that he picked South Florida as his favorite vacation spot. Ain't youth cute!!

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (30) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Preparing For the End of the World
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement