No. of Recommendations: 0
I was told by the Trade Broker that you are allowed to transfer an account from your current 401K into an IRS rollover account as long as you do not add contributions to the account (this is called "commingling"). You are able to roll the money to another employers 401K at a later date. Two questions: What's commingling ? And Why do you feel only the employer's contribution can be transfered ? I would have thought the employer's contribution must stay in the plan and my contributions could be transfered.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.