UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: ltangel Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75335  
Subject: Re: Do Target Retirement Funds have too many bon Date: 1/29/2011 6:16 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I will be 59 and have given this MUCH thought -and in this point in my thinking - 30% stocks (diversified -growth/income),30%Money market Treasury funds,10% bond funds (short and intermediate)20-% CD's laddered,and 10% gold/silver - now I am not there yet but that is my thinking at this point - I am no seasoned investor and have asked many a question ,albeit, simple ones ,since I found this forum ,but I think your allocation decisions should strive to consider your needs,wants, tolerance for risk, retirement situation, and amount of time you have to focus on "keeping watch" of your decisions. Hope this helps - it feels good to be able to "give back" for advice I have received in the past- Godd luck!
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

The Retire Early Home Page
Discussion on accelerating retirement day.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement