UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: reallyalldone Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1483  
Subject: Re: Medicare Date: 7/27/2006 9:57 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I will be eligible for medicare soon and am being asked by my insurance company if I plan on picking it up. I plan on keep working and have good health insurance policy. I don't have a good understanding of this whole issue. Is there any benefit for me to go on Medicare?

I'm a little surprised that your company doesn't require you to go on Medicare and to use your other insurance as gap insurance. I don't know a lot about getting it but am learning a lot about using it because of my mother. The one benefit I've noticed is a wider choice in hospitals and it seems like there is fuller coverage but this is anecdotal. For 2 weeks in the hospital, including days in critical care, she ended up owing nothing. There was a co-pay of just under $100 but her AARP gap insurance paid that(and after all this, I would highly recommend that as gap insurance if you're ever looking).

There's a ton of info about medicare at www.medicare.gov . YOu might also consider talking about it with your current doctor. I wouold also check with your flex plan people if one is available to see how that might work in paying medicare premiums.

rad
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement