Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I will have to disagree with you there on it's software.

Easier sure, but less flexible and less powerful, which are often trade offs.

I find the airport utility software is kind of a pain since it is missing some advanced configs.
It's pretty easy for simple stuff, which as a consumer device is I guess the target audience, but is lacking compared to even my FIOS actiontec router as far as flexibility.

It does have nice time control (which I find a bit cumbersome UI) which I have implemented for my kids network access shutting off at night, though now with their iPhones, its not stopping them :)

(however as I used to work writing network management software I guess I have higher expectations than most)

Anyway still a nice product, and one of the first with guest networks I was aware of on the consumer side. They will be missed.

0xF00L
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement