UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (71) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: alstroemeria Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1972348  
Subject: Re: Ah, No AR-15, Cowering Boston Libs?? Date: 4/20/2013 11:09 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 28
I wonder how many Boston liberals spent the night cowering in their homes, wishing they had an AR-15 with a high-capacity magazine?

I wouldn't want one for free with free ammo for life. I think guns in the house are as much danger-promoting as safety-promoting, although I support the right to own guns (up to a point) for those who think/feel differently. Especially for those who hunt for food.

I'm a prepper on a small scale (prepared for a short-term disaster, not the zombie apocalypse or govt-has-people-like-me-in-their-sites-so-I-need-anti-aricraft-missiles type of prepper) and read websites geared toward preppers from time to time.

The other day I stumbled across an online forum in which well-armed men are distraught that the gummint might take away their wives' guns because they take or have taken an antidepressant. I ask myself why aren't they worried that a depressed spouse might kill themselves with a gun? Or that a depressed or very unhappy teenager in the home or neighborhood might do so?

SO in answer to the Congresscritter who thinks I'd cower in my bed wishing for a military-level weapon--No; not even for my son who lives in the Boston area. I note that everyone who stayed out of the town where the suspect ran was safe, as were those within the town who stayed indoors. And if people had been armed at the time of the bombing, I wonder how many innocents would've been shot? If the guilty parties would've been identified, let alone taken down--accurate info took some time.

ASIDE
My son, a teacher and runner, & his GF, a teacher and bike racer, spent this week, spring break, at a cottage in Western Mass, keeping warm in the unseasonably cold weather with a wood fire, taking hikes, cooking, sightseeing. He was out of cell range, which was terribly frustrating this week as I really wanted to hear his voice, but he called this morning from Route 2 on their way home, lives and limbs intact. A relief for me, but I am pained for the mothers of those grievously injured and dead. Ironically--or perhaps not--wisdom gained through IEDs in recent wars is helping first-responders and doctors to care better for the injured. I hope their insurance covers proper prostheses for those who need them.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (71) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Implications of the Ballad of Ted Plotz
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement