Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
I wonder if the FIRE bug bites when events cause it to be pushed farther into the future... :-)

Actually this event pulls things in a bit as my wife wants to move back to France to be with friends and family to raise our kids. We have been trying for a 2nd child for awhile now and I've told my wife to hold off until we have the 2nd. My wife prefers health care here particularly for child birth or anything beyond a blood test, so it's been easy to hold her off.

Anyway, now I've given her a date of 2010 to move plus a 4 month visit in 2008. Not sure exactly where we will be financially at that point (possibly $9-$10E5), but she is willing to work in France at some point. There wouldn't be much for me in the countryside of Normandy except raising my kids, visiting friends, gardening, cooking, fixing up my MIL's house etc. But expenses will initially be low since no mortgage, so we will have some money to travel in France a bit.

It would be tough to leave my high paying job though. Sort of.

Our 10 year anniversary is this week. +4 years of sin ;-)

--
whyohwhyoh
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement