UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: TDMENEUF Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 5550  
Subject: I would donate again this year Date: 12/13/2001 2:37 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
But there are a couple of reasons I will not.

Not because I couldn't find the extra money, I can always find extra money for a good cause. My reasons are as follows:

1. If you remember last year I was very disappointed in the fact that a couple of the organizations sent me elaborate packages as their way of saying thank you and a feeble attempt to get more money out of me. A simple thank you letter would have sufficed, as three of them did.

2. The two organizations that sent the packages continued to send me packages, letters, flyers and I even got a phone call from one of them in their attempt to solicite more money from me. I wrote, called and told them, "Please, do not contact me again. My donation was a one-time affair and I will not be donating again in the near future."

3. To this day, I am still getting updates and flyers from one of the organizations, I'm about ready to involve an attorney if it does not cease and desist. I've been patient and polite up to this point, but now it's time to start playing hardball if they do not listen to my last plea to be left alone.

4. I am honestly bothered by the fact that the Fool did not have time or resources to listen to new nominations for new charities, yet had the time and the resources to dedicate to the Feste Award. An award to one member of the community, while nice, I feel is second, third or bottom of the list compared to listening to nominations for the Foolanthropy Drive. The reasoning behind this setting of priorities eludes me and probably will for quite some time.

So any money I might have set aside for the Foolanthropy Drive this year will instead be sent to the charities of my choice. The ones who respect my privacy and actually listen when I say, "Please, no more solicitation, this is all I have for you this year."

Deannda
I did not name the two organizations out of respect for those who truly believe in them
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

Is the Market Overvalued?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement