No. of Recommendations: 1
I would guess that you already have the 1980's CD called Lost in the Stars- The Music of Kurt Weill. It features tracks by a very diverse set of singers from Sting, Van Dyke Parks, Lou reed, Tom Waits, Aaron Neville, Todd Rundgren, and Marrianne Faithful.

I don't--looked it up in Amazon and I can purchase it new for $367.74 from an independent dealer. There are a number of used copies, one with a rating of "very good" and notes indicating all inserts are in tact for 39.99 and a seller rating of 99%. Have to ponder. I want it. Will shop around a little.

To eliminate any confusion, it is The Story of L.A. Woman DVD. The references to Chopin is near the end on the section that describes Hyacinth House.

Thank you. After shopping for Weill and dealing with big numbers the L.A. Woman decision was simple. It was available new for $11.97, a mere pittance, and I ordered with one click.

I must decide whether to buy a whole lot of things I want in December and then resolve not to buy anything new in 2013. Or keep myself on a budget. My budget for books, cds and videos for 2012 was $100 a month total, not $100 for each. If you want even one thing that is kind of special and pricey you have spent almost your entire budget. Imagine this, though, if I was still a smoker I would be spending 3 or 4 hundred dollars a month on cigarettes. I have a big list of things I am saving that were over budget. I would love to buy them all at once and have them come in big boxes for Christmas. Sigh, it's a hard life with many struggles and decisions.

I like your new name. Maybe I need a new name. My name has been going out all week on SPAM to all kinds of places. I had to have my ISP enter a new password for me to their network this morning because some one got hold of mine and was sending that spam from my mailbox with headings like "Girlfriend looks unsatisfied? Grab needed remedies without prescription". Mailer-daemon was then returning hundreds, maybe thousands, to my mailbox as undeliverable for one reason or another--what was scary was many were from the military and I don't want to mess with the military. They did say early on that I might not be responsible and if so to just delete their message, but if I was the one sending out the messages and had questions about why they were not approved, call thus and so number.

When I started getting hundreds of returns from all over the map though I decided I better do something. I called my ISP guys and asked what to do. So now I have a brand new password--I don't know how they found that one but that's what the technicians told me had happened. It was one given years ago and by my ISP itself and had numbers and things like exclamation points, astericks, dollar signs, upper and lower case letters where you had to use the right case, and was about 12 characters long. They made up my new one too, and it is just as tricky, but I rarely have to use it--I just have to remember where it is if I need it. I don't keep a list of my passwords anywhere in my computer--just keep them in a card file in the office.

I googled "catmeyoo" today to see if there were all kinds of links to erectile dysfunction sites and products but no, I escaped that fate, at least for now. I really don't want to change my name--I've been happy with it and as far as I know it is pretty much one of a kind as I seem to be the only catmeyoo that turns up on the web.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement