Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I would not bother to "camp out" just go into his office and demand you materials. They are yours. Don't worry when he tells you he has started or planed on doing it this afternoon -- just get your stuff. If you are in trouble let your new accountant deal with it.


I agree. He also cannot refuse to give you any material that is yours (such as W-2's, 1099's and such) if you decide not to pay him. He can however withhold the tax return he has prepared, as that was his work, even if it was done wrong. It sounds like you have already filed an extension and any penalties/interest will have to be paid regardless.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.