Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I would recommend that you talk with an attorney about the ramifications of incorporation and which corporate form you should choose. S corp vs C corp vs LLC vs Partnership.

Part of the consideration is your legal liability and how your profits will be taxed. If you incorp, you will need to pay yourself ( and payroll taxes), and file a seperate tax return. C corps get taxed once at the corp level, then again on your personal taxes.

There are a lot of good resources on the web that can help you understand the core issues before talking to the lawyer.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.