Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0

I would think the IRS might object because I won't have earned any income from which to make the is money I had in my account from 1999 earnings.

AFAIK, the IRS only cares that you have earned income in the year for which the deposit is made, not that the income be earned before the deposit is made.
I make my ROTH IRA contributions early in January as well.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.