UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (49) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: NoSeeUm Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1933623  
Subject: Re: PBS's Scorching Reply To Mitt Date: 10/6/2012 8:25 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 64

I would venture to say that, percentage-wise, the number of libruls who put their money where their mouth is and open their wallets when PBS asks for money is in the single digits. Libruls always want the government to pay for things. They LOVE spending OTHER PEOPLE'S MONEY.

This is one of the stupidest statements from a Rightie that I have read on PA in a very long time. Then again, I have read enough of this poster's drivel to consider the source. Nevertheless, one should never confuse blind ignorance with simple partisanship.

I believe that liberals are more than willing to support non-profit causes with hard-earned dollars. In this particular instance, more than 80% of PBS's funding comes from non-government sources. I have no way to know the breakdown; but I must assume that corporations, libruls, democrats in general and even <GASP> republicans contribute. To put libruls in the single-digit category would appear to be as much woefully ignorant as disingenuous and purposefully misleading. Or maybe just deluded, magical thinking on your part. It is a stupid assumption without any verifiable basis in fact, nor even imagination. To continue down that same ignorant road and maintain that libruls want the government to pay for things under the pretense of wanting the government to spend other peoples' money solely for the sake of doing so is simply doubling down on your flagrant and arrogant ignorance.

My annual contribution to various PBS entities is in the (low) thousands of dollars. I value their programing and I enjoy certain components myself, all the while appreciating that much of their programing, while not of much interest to me personally, does benefit many others unknown to me.....Those would be my (catholic) Biblical kin.

You need, sir, to sit your sorry, ignorant a$$ down in front of the TV and watch some Big Bird. Thereby you might learn some basic learning skills, common decency, reasoning skills and respect and appreciation for the common weal.

I refrain from putting you in the p-box because I always want to know what the mentally-challenged are up to, the better to refute the ignorant political poison they are so prone to throw about so indiscriminately.

I believe that public support is such that PBS could well survive a total cut in government funding. There are enough libruls and like-minded people of all political persuasion to guarantee its continued survival and success. This doen not mean that I think their funding should be cut for the sake of the misguided wishes of a minority of ignorant, vindictive Luddites such as yourself.

Jimbo
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (49) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Feste Award Winner Announced!
Congrats to the Winner of the 2013 Feste Award!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement