UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: Calabogie Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 37583  
Subject: Re: General Perqs Date: 12/3/2012 6:34 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 6
I wouldn't count on it. It has become clear to me that the higher your paygrade, civvy or mil, the more security you can violate. Cell phones in scifs because, well, he's the general. Classified brought home because, well, its safe with him. etc.

Yep, cell phones was one issue that we won though. We installed some cell phone detectors outside of a secure area and didn't tell anyone (other than our direct boss) so when one of the VIPs came by to do a walk-through (one of the biggest wastes of time) and no one checked him for cell phones before entering, this deep bass voice suddenly intones:

"AN UNAUTHORIZED WIRELESS DEVICE HAS BEEN DETECTED! PLEASE REMAIN WHERE YOU ARE UNTIL SECURITY PERSONNEL ARRIVE!"

We laughed our butts off afterward. The idiot was going to ignore it but we had the reg posted on the inside of the door and believe it or not our boss backed us up. It's a minor victory but I'll take any I can get.

Calabogie
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement