Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I wrote: "Generally, you want to try to "was trades" so that they don't end up setting you back from a mid-market exchange rate."

A quick PS. I meant "wash trades", of course. But more to the point I just came across a post by Globe and Mail columnist Rob Carrick that gives some direction on which services in Canada permit holding US$ within these registered accounts:
"..., the good news here is that the selection of brokers allowing clients to hold both U.S. and Canadian dollars in RRSP accounts is growing. On the list now are Questrade, Qtrade, RBC Direct Investing and Virtual Brokers. BMO has said it will add this feature, but there's no indication of when. " Nov/2010 (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-investor/2010-online-br...)

Hope that helps ... personally I have been using RBC DI and it works fine.

Fool on,
Jack
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement