Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
In 2006 Peter Hilton unearthed a collection of homemade VHS tapes in his dad’s basement. There were hours of concert footage from 2000 to 2003, when Peter's high school band—Down in Flames—briefly gained a following and toured the country.

“I just knew that if I didn’t do something with those tapes in a few years, I’d lose them," Hilton says. "There might not be the technology to support them.” He didn't try to convert the VHS tapes to a digital format then, but the project earned a spot on his to-do list.

To simplify things for everyone else, here's a guide for converting VHS to digital and getting your old media out of the attic and onto your computer. As a bonus, we've included advice on how to make sure the video you're capturing today is still easy to read a few years—or decades—from now.

https://www.consumerreports.org/audio-video/how-to-convert-f...

Fuskie
Who hasn't had time to do much video editing lately but he still has projects he wants to eventually get done...

-----
Ticker Guide for The Walt Disney Company (DIS), Orbital ATK (OA), Global Payments (GPN), Time Warner (TWX), Titan International (TWI)
Disclaimer: This post is non-professional and should not be construed as direct, individual or accurate advice
Disclosure: May own shares of some, many or all of the companies mentioned in this post (tinyurl.com/FuskieDisclosure)
Fool Code of Conduct: http://tinyurl.com/FoolCode
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement