UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (27) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: BenHacker Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 35357  
Subject: IBKR Pushing Hard Into Bonds Date: 6/19/2010 6:54 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 8
Thought you guys would like to see this. In a mailing yesterday from Interactive Brokers (IBKR):

US Corporate Bonds
In our ongoing mission to provide liquidity on better terms through the use of technology, we have significantly enhanced support for electronic US Corporate Bonds trading. In contrast to traditional bond brokers, our platform allows you to see and place bid and offer quotes for US Corporate Bonds. We have also redesigned our Corporate Bonds scanner to provide bond-relevant custom search filters and criteria. Customers can submit a Request for Quote on any corporate bond using the right-click menu from a bond data line. With smart routing destinations Knight BondPoint, Tradeweb and Bond Desk, we believe Interactive Brokers is the premier destination for the electronic trading of US Corporate Bonds.

Traditionally bond quotes on Wall Street have been a highly guarded secret. We aim to break that tradition by displaying continuous quotes on several thousand bonds throughout the trading day. Our customers do not need to hit the bids or take the offers they see. We would like to encourage you to make your own bids and offers on our platform.

In addition, TWS now supports trading of US municipal bonds via a fully-electronic system with feeds from Municenter, Tradeweb and Knight BondPoint. Note that you must upgrade your Fixed Income trading permissions and subscribe to Moody's Ratings in Account Management before you can trade bonds.

I've not traded a bond through Interactive since the supposed enhancements, but I have seen the amazing way in which IBKR has brought transparency and trading flexibility to many disparate markets. I'm excited about what they will do for OTC bonds.

For those interested in bond trading, I strongly recommend looking into IBKR for an account.

Ben - Personal taxable assets held through IBKR. Long IBKR stock.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (27) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Post of the Day:
TMFDeej's CAPS Blog

Activist Investors Unlocking Value at LSB Industries?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement