Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Tuni Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 22719  
Subject: iCal Date: 3/10/2013 2:11 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Why doesn't iCal show Passover on the holiday calendars? I know its a religious versus a U.S. national holiday, however i would think a few of the more "important" religious holidays should be on. After all Easter Sunday is.....

i think I'm annoyed....fully realizing that many religious holidays of differing religions aren't on either.....but Passover????

hmph!!! :(
Print the post Back To Top
Author: elann Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 22216 of 22719
Subject: Re: iCal Date: 3/10/2013 4:33 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Why doesn't iCal show Passover on the holiday calendars? I know its a religious versus a U.S. national holiday, however i would think a few of the more "important" religious holidays should be on. After all Easter Sunday is.....

i think I'm annoyed....fully realizing that many religious holidays of differing religions aren't on either.....but Passover????

hmph!!! :(

By iCal do you mean the built in calendar app on the iPhone/iPad?

My iPhone calendar is hooked up to my Yahoo calendar in which I can choose to see Jewish holidays. The holidays show up on my iPhone but for some reason they don't show up on the iPad.

Elan

Author: Tuni Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 22217 of 22719
Subject: Re: iCal Date: 3/11/2013 10:45 AM
elan,
I have an iMac which has a built in "calendar"app. and is also sync to my iPhone (4S). And, no, neither of them contain any reference to Passover on the calendars. yeah, I could find calendars on Yahoo/Google etc... however, am just being annoyed that the Apple calendar doesn't have them...

:(

thx

Author: stevenjklein Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 22240 of 22719
Subject: Re: iCal Date: 4/4/2013 12:36 AM
What's far more shocking is that they offer 132 different downloadable calendars including an Islamic calendar, a Bulgarian Orthodox calendar, a Finnish holidays calendar, but no Jewish calendar.

Fortunately, there's a great alternative. Use a custom created Jewish calendar from the hebcal website, using these instructions: http://www.hebcal.com/home/79/apple-ical-import-hebcal-jewis...

It will list every Jewish holiday, and even candle-lighting times for your location. And it shows the dates in both English and Hebrew.

And it's free!

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement