Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 6
Icelandic recipe? Well, sort of. I went Atlantic Salmon fishing in Iceland a few years back (a great trip by the way). In Iceland, you don't catch a salmon, you "kill" a salmon. Catch and release is unheard of, which makes sense in the case of an anadromous fish that's about to spawn and die.

Anyway, at the end of the trip, ice chests filled with lovely fish, much too heavy to fly out with, I was told that they would be smoked and shipped to me. Later, after the package arrived at my office, everyone who sampled the smoked Icelandic salmon declared it was the best they'd ever tasted. I was inspired to telephone my fantasic Icelandic fishing guide and tell him how much I'd enjoyed the trip and how everyone was raving that the smoked salmon was the best they'd ever tasted. His reply was, "well, it's probably the way we smoke them here - since we don't have trees, we use sheep dung."

The news slightly dampened our enthusiasm.

Johnn
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement