UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (32) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: blackmare Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308517  
Subject: Re: It does hurt sometimes Date: 8/30/2003 9:41 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I'd fire him if he didn't have you file for an extension

Well, I knew I was going to need to file an extension, so he did that for me, no problem. It's not even really the overpayment that means anything, just...hard to explain, a gut feeling that he is not as sharp as he was a couple years ago. A combination of several little tiny things that just don't quite seem right. That, and the fact that I'm two hours away, and would like to be easily able to schedule appointments to discuss various tax issues. The distance makes that very, very hard.

Since you seem to have more income than last year, you may want to acquaint yourself with the concept of safe harbor so that you don't get dinged with penalties this year.

Actually, this year's income is WAY less than last year's was, at least so far. All this year I've been earning half of what I did last year. The upside of this is I'll have less of a tax hit, and the money I've already got in that savings account will certainly cover whatever I might owe so far. Especially because I've been on payroll at my dress shop job, so taxes have already been taken out of most of this year's income.

Provided I am disciplined through the rest of the year, I should have enough to pay my taxes, plus at least $1000 to throw into the efund or chop down the student loan.

"safe harbor"? Haven't heard of it, care to explain?

Mare
learning every day
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (32) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

Brookfield Asset Management
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement