Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 2
I'd look in Box 14 for the HSA contribution,

HSA withheld goes in box 12, code W. It doesn't get reported on your return anywhere. Form 8889 specifically says NOT to include any contributions your employer reports on your W-2.

I only know all this because I just finished up a return with an HSA. And since CA has chosen NOT to conform to HSA accounts, they are always a memorable pain in the neck.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.