No. of Recommendations: 0
I'd recommend you go to the Garrett Financial Planning network web site and find a Fee-Only CPA or CFP in your area. These folks work only for an hourly rate and are paid only by you. Your questions will likely cost a few hundred dollars to answer.

I don't have the experience that you have Bruce but I know enough to see that this is a very complex project with many moving parts.

The Network offers "as-needed advice" so the time involved would be dependent on the scope of the relationship.

This is not a 1-2 hour project.

As far as "barracks lawyers" go, I think it highly insightful that none of the lay people mentioned a qualified domestic relations order.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.