Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: nagdabbit Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121565  
Subject: ID Theft Update Date: 10/19/2012 9:28 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
A while back, in a galaxy far far away

I wrote about ID theft...
Young Adult Kid's SS was used on someone elses taxes, to claim many things.

We received our refund back, but YAK – has not.
(new acronym, well ok maybe not, as I don’t know if it is)

As it happened, we filed all the correct paperwork, even sending in the I.D. theft affidavit etc. - with parents and YAK's return. Provided plenty of I.D. etc.

Just received a letter stating that
Parents:
You are claiming a dependent that has already been claimed on a return already filed. Please send an amended return if this is not true.

Sorry, but sending both returns - priority - with an affidavit in the same envelope...it seemed the right thing to do to help connect the dots as I'm sure they get tons of I.D. issues.

We called them after receiving this letter, and as you know how many things go, it was good that dinner was in the oven with time to go on the timer.

They said YAK should be receiving another mailing with instructions/requirements to proceed.

I hope it's not more information that they need, as we pretty much sent everything with the affidavit.

When we were on the phone - which ran well past 5pm, it sounded like a call center.

Anyone else in this situation?

Nag

PS
In any event – is YAK a new acronym? If it is I hereby patent it, copyright it and will take payments for its use. Paypal accepted.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Disclaimer:
In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Dividend Growth Investing

Good Time for Dividend Champions?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement