No. of Recommendations: 1
I'd welcome any insight. I'm dreading trying to open this in court or whatever and getting all the questions of "why did everyone wait so long to do anything?" All I've got is "everybody involved went into a total state of denial."
You don't have to open a case in court, or do anything beyond providing the executor (wife's father) with the stock certificates (if there were any) or custodial statements. It's his responsibility as executor to get the shares transferred to his daughter.

Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.