UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: MsPoppy Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308881  
Subject: Identity Theft - Help Date: 6/17/2002 11:12 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
Does anybody have those form letters that you're supposed to send to the credit reporting agencies after your social security number is sloten? I used to have them, but cleaned them out of my files. A friend of mine had her car stolen and it had her briefcase in it, which had her ss# and her son's in there. No criticizing her, though. It was stolen while she was standing right next to it, putting gas in it. In front of about 50 people.

I did a search on the boards, but I thought someone might have them handy. Also, the phone numbers would be helpful.

Thanks,
Poppy
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Barak0 Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 130780 of 308881
Subject: Re: Identity Theft - Help Date: 6/17/2002 11:22 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
It was stolen while she was standing right next to it, putting gas in it. In front of about 50 people.

The thief had time to hotwire it while she was putting gas in it????

Either your friend is incredibly non-observant, or she left the keys in it (or even running perhaps?).

I just looked through my stuff here at work. I thought I had a copy of a letter like you want here but I don't. Sorry.

Good luck to your friend,
B

Author: MsPoppy Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 130788 of 308881
Subject: Re: Identity Theft - Help Date: 6/17/2002 12:08 PM
Recommendations: 3
"or she left the keys in it"

I know, I know. There was a weapon involved, so it was irrevlavent. I'm glad the keys were there - at least she wasn't hurt.

Author: Barak0 Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 130790 of 308881
Subject: Re: Identity Theft - Help Date: 6/17/2002 12:13 PM
Recommendations: 0
There was a weapon involved, so it was irrevlavent. I'm glad the keys were there - at least she wasn't hurt.

Ohmygod!

How brazen!

Glad friend was ok!

Glad kid wasn't in the car!!!

B

Author: Neglectarino Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 130792 of 308881
Subject: Re: Identity Theft - Help Date: 6/17/2002 12:16 PM
Recommendations: 1
Go to www.ftc.gov and look up the pdf file on identity theft. It will have all of the phone numbers for SS and other suggestions.

I'm glad your friend's ok; it must have been terrifying for her. A weapon! Wow!

-Neglectarino
"What about Grandpa? He's pretty out of it. He let those guys use his checkbook for a whole year."

Author: TMF2Aruba Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 130878 of 308881
Subject: Re: Identity Theft - Help Date: 6/17/2002 6:45 PM
Recommendations: 1
Hi MsPoppy!

I'm sorry to hear of your friend's problem!

Here's a post by JAFO which has several links:

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=13877223

Hope this helps!

Tony
...but I still am...

Off2Aruba

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement