No. of Recommendations: 0
If a person is over 50 are they limited to 3500 per person or is it higher?

Here is a schedule of tax years and the corresponding contributions allowed for each year:

2003 $3500
2004 $3500
2005 $4500
2006 $5000
2007 $5000
2008 $6000
2009 $6000

Hope this helps. Naturally you should check these numbers. There are many retirement website and probably somewhere here on TheFool that have these annual contribution lists.


Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.