No. of Recommendations: 0
If buy and hold is your philosophy, then I'm curious why you are concerned over what politics and the economy might do to drug stocks over the next two years. If you liked the companies when you purchased them and if nothing about those companies' long-term prospects have changed, do the next two years really matter?

Although I am a buy and hold type, I can't help but wonder whether a little market-timing might be appropriate under certain circumstances. It would seem reasonably obvious to me that drug stocks probably are going to take it on the chin for a couple of years, almost without regard to who wins the upcoming election. I would not be inclined to sell drug stocks from my taxable account, both due to taxes and to the same reasons mentioned in Pixy's response. On the other hand, it is fairly easy to move things around in a tax-deferred account, thus the reason for my question. I agree with the spirit of Pixy's response, and probably will stay the course. Having said this, I still was curious what other opinions might be held by those who frequent this Board. I almost never pay attention to brokers or pundits, because they make money off of other people's money. This rarely is the case for the folks who frequent this Board, since they almost always are trying to make money off of their own money. Thanks for the thoughts, Pixy.

Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement