Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
If gold is going to be the next international currency, why is the cost of living going down? If we are in the throes of coming inflation, why are housing and energy prices not going up?

I see you only have 2 posts since 1999 so you have been around a bit Im guessing.

Anyway, I bought gold in 2000 abouts, when it was 235/oz. Undervalued at the time. More recently once gold shot through 1033 it should move forward nicely.

To answer your question. COST OF LIVING DOWN. Really, I guess if you use the numbers touted on CNBC maybe thats true, but I doubt this is reality. Not sure where you live as your profile not completed, but if you live in the USA and the USA lives on imports ... well the sting of that dollar dropping will have your cost of living going up soon enough.

As for energy, not going up you say ... well I beg to differ. In fact energy is rising now, and this is in the face of a week economy. Did you see the numbers today released by china on new car sales .... they need oil.

As for housing, well right now there is a bit of a glut in some sectors .. so no demand and the pricing is flat.

I dont visit this board often, but feel free to drop in on the MINING and METALS board if you want to catch up on Gold

-Q
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement