No. of Recommendations: 1

If I had to make a concession such as that before beginning my arguement, I'd probably rethink the validity of my arguement.

In other words, an argument is more valid if it is based on no knowledge and no contact? Interesting.

Right, lemmie make sure I'm getting this. Demand is on the physician side, so no one goes to a doctor because they feel sick or to have a preventative checkup. Only there because the doctors want them there. Also, once people do get into the doctors office, they never pressure them for the newest treatments or for unnecessary procedures (for example, no parent has ever demanded antibioctics for his/her child when they were medically unnecessary).

Antibiotics have been around for the better part of a century; certainly not a new treatment.

Beyond that, most patients most of the time have absolutely no clue about how they are to be treated, or what is right or best. The patient who is well informed is the rare exception.

So, yes. The treatment regimen demand is virtually all driven by the doctors. The need for treatment isn't, but the means by which it is accomplished most certainly is.

Now, wrt your engineering analogy. First, the fact that you would compare engineering with medecine is very revealing about your understanding of medecine. Second, correct me if I'm wrong, but bridges are built to maximum specifications, that is, the maximum anticipatde load is determined in advance, and then established mathematical formulae will yield the proper design specifications (gross oversimplification, to be sure, but the point is that the maximum load which, in connection with known quantites, such as the strength of the design material, it's weight, &c. yield a predictable outcome).

It was not an analogy, it was a comparison. That the one is unlike the other does not obviate the need for comparable processes and procedures.

Further, I find the attitude you display in your response to be as abyssmal as the spelling you display in the post.

Accordingly, we are done discussing the matter; you are not worth it.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement