No. of Recommendations: 1

Welp... Murphy has struck again. I was just down at my mechanic's to speak to him about my other car that he was working on. As it turns out, after buying a fuel pump, the engine needs to be replaced. Which was something I knew was a possibility. I do have another engine in my old car, that is the same model, but it's been sitting for a very long time and it may not run. To fix the car, it looks like it's going to run in the neighborhood of $1000.00. Of course I also saw a truck that I am interested in buying which is in the area of $3500. I could very well at this point just go buy the truck and forget about the car. (assuming it runs and all, as I haven't had it looked at yet.) I really do need a truck. The gas mileage will be crappy though.

Eventually, I would like to fix the car (nissan), and as my mechanic says the body is in very good shape, it's just a crime the engine isn't.

I was also lamenting the fact that I don't have a job. (my mechanic and I are somewhat sympatico as far as dealing with the poor factor and the murphy's law thing.) He mentioned that the girl he had working for him, may be leaving. She was only working part-time, but it seems she has been hired by the post office and may end up working 40 hours a week, which would leave him with no-one in the office. Now mind you, I'm sure the pay would not be much, but it's VERY close to home, and I get along with him. I wouldnt have to dress up, I could wear jeans and flannels. Anyway, he doesn't know for sure what she's doing. but...it's a thought.

Of course.... I still dont know what to do about the car. I guess I have to see if the other engine is going to run, and then go from there. Of course this obviously leaves me VERY car-less until I can do something. If I decided to buy the truck and wait on fixing the car, then I would have something to drive right away. (assuming it doesn't need fixing, et al.)

I seem to be living my life in a perpetual catch 22. Maybe I should change my moniker to "Lady Conundrum" or something like that.

Anyway, I'm home this evening and tomorrow evening and don't have to be back to mom's until Thursday. I have my therapist appt in the morning, and I'm sure will have lots to discuss.

Mom's doing okay. She has dr's appt's tomorrow and thursday. She was supposed to go last friday, but managed to talk her way out of them. She's been whining alot about the casts and is really hoping they will let her out of them. I'm not holding my breath.

I got annoyed with her the other day, because she was whining about having to put on the anti blood clot stockings, and I got fed up with her, and told her that she "doesn't want to do anything to get better, and whines about everything, and asks me to do something then complains about what I did..." yadda yadda yadda. Of course she started crying, and I just ignored her. I just went on with what I was doing, and later she was whining about something else, and I told her she was just feeling sorry for herself. (yes I know I'm mean.) But...It had to be said, because she was getting next to ridiculous. Refusing to take her meds, and not doing the exercises that she was supposed to do. Just laying in bed all day and complaing there's nothing to do, but refusing to do anything that might even be remotely entertaining. (like playing scrabble) It's all..."I CAN'T" I told her I didn't want to hear her say that anymore. I told her she has absolutely no patience whatsoever, and that she expected everyone else to have patience. (lots of it)

MY sister on the other hand, (the ungrateful b**ch) had a hissy fit when I told her our brother was taking a day off from work on friday and coming down and would be helping me rebuild her bathroom. She ranted something about her having to be there. (she doesn't know a damned thing about fixing things, so she would just be standing in the way.) I said "no you don't" or "why do you have to be there?" and she just went off. She told me last week she wanted me to fix her bath before she went back to school, and when I work it out to get it done, she throws a hissy fit.

So...I still don't know if I'm supposed to be working on it with my brother on friday. According to my dad, she called my sister in law and woke her up. (she's also ill and is scheduled for a gall bladder (?) operation in september. Or was it kidney..I don't remember.) So... as usual, I am like a feather in the wind, being at the whimsey of whomever decides they wanna abuse me and take advantage of me next.

On the good side, I have been getting a TON of moral support from a new friend. He has been calling me almost every night to talk to me. I think he may want to date me, but I'm not sure I'm ready to get into that all over again. I was very straight forward with him though, and have been trying to tell him how I feel. He seems to understand. But I know I would not be able to get through all this without him. I just hope I'm not getting too dependant on him. *sigh*

Well, my neice just came up to tell me that my sister called and wanted to know if I was coming over to help put my mother in the car for her dr's appointment tomorrow. My brother was told to build a ramp for the wheel chair so that she could get in and out of the house, and of course has not done it. I don't know how she expects me to get there as I don't have a car, and I'm not sure dad is going to be willing to drive me over and back just so mom can be lifted down the stairs. It's at least a 30-45 min drive. I am going to try and call my brother and see if he can drive over and help put her in the car, since he's the one who didn't do what he was told to do.

No rest for the wicked. (I must be really really bad then!!)

Lady I, evil, wicked, mean and nasty.

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement