Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
If one overpaid the amount of tax due in 2001 and will receive a refund, is interest paid on the amount of overpayment?

Not unless the refund is paid more than 60 (or 45--I can't remember which) days after the later of 4/15/2002 or the date the return is filed. The interest rate bounces around. I think it's 6% right now.

Phil Marti
Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.