Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 4
if standard deductio is higher than itemized, is it required to file 1099 Int for Interest income earned on checking/Savings account?

If it's required to be filed then, is there a limit upto which you do not have to file.

You're a little confused. YOU don't file a 1099-INT, the bank does. The bank sends you a copy. You include that income on your tax return. You are required to report ALL income, whether reported to you on a 1099 or W-2 or other form or not. Reporting income is entirely independent from determining deductions. If the standard deduction is more than your itemized deductions you can take the standard deduction (there are certain exceptions -- see the instructions).


Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.