Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
If the amount of $333,000 is the correct amount, this would not be federal estate tax, but rather state or local. My advise would be to contact an attorney, which is sounds like your friend has done.

There is in all probability nothing that can be done now, except pay what is owed. The time to change ownership, plan, etc. is well before death. Some aspects have look back periods as long as 3 years in the case of medicade.

Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.